Our mission to commercialise the low cost and low environmental impact CO2 capture processes that underpin the KC8 technology, resulting in:
- Low overall cost (up to 50% less than the best amines)
- Lower energy use (up to 15% less than the best amine based technology)
- Multi-impurity capture and production of valuable by-products (no degradation of products)
- Low energy of regeneration <2.5 GJ/T CO2
- Low volatility and environmental impact (SOx and NOx converted to fertiliser products)
- Solvent sourced within current global Potassium market (readily available)
KC8 has a patented suite of capture processes utilising potassium carbonate solvents. The UNO processes, specifically the UNO MK 3 process, uses a precipitating form of the technology. These processes are at the heart of KC8 Capture Technologies and provide both major capital and operating cost reductions, making it the superior capture process.
Process and Heat Integration
Process and heat integration is a multi objective optimisation and energy targeting methodology and software for use in all Carbon Capture Utilisation and Storage (CCUS) applications. It provides a holistic optimisation that predominantly reduces operating costs. Through the extensive experience of KC8 personnel, we are able to provide the optimum integration for carbon capture in industrial plants.
Low Environmental Impact
The UNO MK3 solvent used in the carbon capture process is derived from a naturally occurring material that is readily available in all countries around the world. Potassium carbonate is an inorganic compound that has been used for many years in the following industries Glass Production, Detergents/Soaps, Fertiliser, Pharmaceuticals, Food processing, Gas Treatment, Agricultural Chemicals and Food Additives among others. With the correct handling procedures, it is completely safe to use and has no impact on the environment.